Duct cleaning is the cleaning of the various components of cooling and heating system that include grilles and diffusers, supply and return air ducts and registers, condensate drain pans, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, fan housing and motor and air handling unit housing. If these are not installed properly and is not operated and maintained properly then these components might become contaminated with particles of pollen, dust or other such debris. If there is presence of moisture then the potential for the microbiological growth is increased and the spores from such growth may release in to the living space of the house. Some of these may even cause allergic reactions or other symptoms to the people who are exposed to them. If you are deciding to clean your duct then you should hire the service of Nashville duct cleaning professionals. Dryer vent cleaning Nashville companies offer is also recommended.
Before hiring the service of Nashville duct cleaning professionals, you should make sure that they agree to clean all the components of the system and whether they are qualified to do the job. If the technicians are not able to clean the component of the contaminated system then it can lead to re-contamination of the whole unit, thus it negate potential benefits. The methods for cleaning the ducts vary, although standards are been established by the associations of industry that is concerned with air duct cleaning. Nashville duct cleaning professional use specialized tools and equipment that helps them to dislodge the dirt and other such debris from the duct and they then vacuum it out with vacuum cleaner of high power.
Additionally, the professional technician may propose applying chemical biocides that are designed to kill microbiological contaminants inside of the duct work and other components of the system. Some of them also suggest applying the chemical treatments to cover or encapsulate the inside of the air ducts as well as equipment housings. The professional technicians believe it will control the growth of mold or it will prevent the release of fibers or dirt particles from the ducts. You should get your air ducts cleaned if:
1. There are any substantial visible growths of mold inside the hard surface or other components of the heating and cooling system. There are various points that should be understood concerning the detection of mold in the heating and cooling system:
– Many of the sections of the HVAC unit may not be accessible for visible inspection, so you should ask the technician to show you any molds that exists.
– A substance may look like mold but only an expert can tell whether it is mold or not. An expert is able to do that by doing laboratory analysis.
– If your air ducts are insulated and the insulation gets moldy or wet then it cannot be cleaned effectively and it should be removed or replaced.
– If the conditions that cause growths of molds are not corrected in the first place then the growth of mold will reoccur.
– Ducts are clogged with excessive amounts of debris and dusts
– Ducts are infested with vermin.